Characteristics of TSP diamond
1. It has good thermal stability, higher impact strength, and better wear resistance.
2. Its consumption ratio can reach 30,000 to 100,000.
3. It can satisfy all kinds of complicated bottom-hole drilling needs.
TSP diamond is characterized by its application in petroleum drilling, geological exploration and small diameter polycrystalline bit. Compared with natural diamond, the cost of TSP diamond
is very low and its wear resistance is high. And the product can be processed into the size and shape required by users.
Compared with large single-crystal diamond and conventional CVD diamond, polycrystalline diamond as tool material has the following advantages:
1)The grains are disorderly arranged, isotropic and cleavage-free. Therefore, unlike large single-crystal diamond, the strength, hardness and wear resistance of the grains on different crystal planes are quite different, as well as brittleness due to the existence of cleavage planes.
2) PCD composite has high strength, especially because of the support of cemented carbide matrix. When the impact is large, it will only produce small grains breaking, but not large block breaking like a single crystal diamond.
3)Bulk tool blanks can be prepared to meet the needs of large processing tools such as milling cutters.
4)It can be made into a specific shape to meet the needs of different processing. Due to the large-scale PCD tools and the improvement of processing techniques such as EDM and laser cutting technology, triangle, herringbone, and other special-shaped billets can be processed and formed. To meet the needs of special cutting tools, the blanks of wrapped, sandwich and coil cutters can also be designed.
5) The performance of the product can be designed or predicted, and the necessary characteristics of the product can be given to suit its specific use. For example, choosing a fine-grained PCD tool material can improve the quality of cutting edge. Coarse-grained PCD tool material can improve the cutting process of ceramic, non-metallic materials (plastic, hard rubber, carbon rod, wood, cement products, etc.) and composite materials (fiber reinforced plastics, metal composite materials, etc.). Especially in wood and automobile processing industry, it has become a high-performance substitute for traditional cemented carbide.