CVD (Chemical Vapor Deposition) diamond. The mixture of carbon-containing gas and oxygen is excited and decomposed at a high temperature and a pressure lower than the standard atmospheric pressure to form an active diamond carbon atom, and the deposit is alternately grown on the substrate to form a polycrystalline diamond.
The high hardness and high wear resistance of diamond make diamond films an excellent tool material. One of the important properties of CVD diamond is its extremely high thermal conductivity. At room temperature, the thermal conductivity of diamond is five times that of copper. At the same time, it is an excellent insulating material. Therefore, diamond films can be used to make high-power optoelectronic components of the heat sink material. Application of CVD diamond optical properties. Diamonds have very high spectral passivities over a long wavelength range from ultraviolet to far infrared. In addition to the outstanding mechanical and thermal properties of Diamond, Diamond Film is an excellent optical window material that can be used in harsh environments.
In other applications, acoustic waves produce high-quality diamond thin-film acoustic devices at extremely high propagation speeds in diamonds, using chemical stability of diamonds to make various types of biosensor devices.
E-Grind supplies various shaped CVD diamond. CVD has very similar features as diamond.
1. Polycrystalline CVD diamond
Our Polycrystalline CVD diamond is manufactured by DC Arc Plasma Chemical Vapor Deposition (CVD) method. They can be made into dressing tool blanks, wire drawing die blanks, laser windows, domes and thermal mounts etc in mechanical, thermal management, optical windows industries. E-Grind CVD provides long using life and high working efficiency.
1.1) For Dressing tool
CVD diamond can be used for Dressing application in grinding process. It is suitable for the single point, multipoint, blade, rotary, roller etc It has superior thermal characteristics and very wearing resistant.
1.2) CVD diamond for Cutting tool application
CVD diamond can be used in mechanical working for non-ferrous materials such as ceramics, high silicon-filled aluminum, abrasive composites, graphite etc. With high thermal conductivity, low friction index, high anti-wearing features, it provides premium performance as cutting tool application.
1.3) CVD diamond for thermal management
CVD diamond has unique characteristics of thermal conductivity, which is five times higher than that of copper. We supply thermal management grade of CVD, which with thermal conductivity between 1000-2000 W/mK,
Laser diodes, high-power integrated circuits, a heat spreader for satellite and GaN on Diamond.
Young's modulus: 1000-1100Gpa
Growth side surface finish: <100 nm Ra
Nucleation side surface finish: <30 nm Ra
1.4) CVD diamond for optical window
With the advantages of thermal conductivity, broad-band optical transparency and hardness, CVD diamond can be used for microwave windows, laser windows... In these fields, our CVD diamond provides high transparency, low scattering in infrared, high thermal conductivity.
2. Monocrystal CVD diamond
1. Hardness: CVD Single Crystal Diamond has the largest hardness among all materials. Its Vickers Hardness is up to 10000GPa. CVD SCD hardness is 1-2 times of HPHT Diamond (Yellow Color), 6 times of Cemented Carbide.
2. High Wear Resistance: The abrasive ratio of CVD Single Crystal Diamond is up to over 1.5 Million, and the Lifetime of CVD Single Crystal Diamond is several times of HPHT Diamond.
3. High Machining Precision: The Surface Roughness of workpiece being machined is up to Ra ≤ 2nm, Profile Tolerance is ≥ 10nm.
4. High Thermal Conductivity: The CVD SCD transfers heat fast, which is not easily deformed due to cutting heat. It can steadily work under 800℃ environment in the air and 1300℃ environment in the inert gas or vacuum.
5. Low Friction Coefficient: In the air, CVD SCD friction coefficient with metal is 0.1. Therefore it has large friction resistance. The friction resistance is 100 times of Cemented Carbide.
6. Crystal Orientation: Providing(100), (110), (111) orientation.
7. Size Selection: 3*3mm - 10*10mm Thickness: 0.3mm-3mm (Accept customized requirements).
8. Regular Shape: We provide regular hexahedron CVD SCD.
9. Accept other shapes order: Triangle, Round, Trapezoid etc…
1) For Cutting tools
Monocrystal CVD diamond is widely used for cutting tool industry, including Turning Drilling Boring, Milling cutting tools.
2) The workpieces for cutting are as below:
1. Sapphire, SiC, Aluminum Alloy, Red Copper, Resin Synthesis Material, Gold, Jewelry, Laminate Floor……
2. Watches Components, Aluminum Piston, Jewelry Ornaments, Non-ferrous Metal;
3. Surgical Tool for Ophthalmology, Brain and Super Thin Biology Slice;
4. Mirror, Guided Missile, Pilot Gyroscope, Computer Hard Disk Substrate, Electronic Gun;
2.1) Optical Grade Diamond
The CVD Mono Diamond is suitable for being used as Optical Window, Laser Crystal of High Power Laser Device, Camera Lens of Large Power UV/IR Optical Instrument and sensor, Detector needs to be worked in extreme environment.
2.2)Heat Sink Grade Diamond
CVD Mono crystal diamond can be applied to High-power laser, microelectronics Heat Sink component, etc.
CVD Mono crystal diamond can be made into a variety of high-end luxury jewelry diamond.